By David Smiley, Eric Pugh
Enhance your seek with faceted navigation, outcome highlighting, relevancy ranked sorting, and more
* entire info on Apache Solr three with examples and guidance so that you can specialise in the $64000 parts
* recommendation on info modeling, deployment concerns to incorporate protection, logging, and tracking, and suggestion on scaling Solr and measuring performance
* An replace of the best-selling name on Solr 1.4
If you're a developer construction an app this present day then you definately understand how very important a great seek adventure is. Apache Solr, outfitted on Apache Lucene, is a wildly well known open resource company seek server that simply promises strong seek and faceted navigation beneficial properties which are elusive with databases. Solr helps complicated seek standards, faceting, consequence highlighting, query-completion, question spell-check, relevancy tuning, and more.
Apache Solr three firm seek Server is a complete reference consultant for each characteristic Solr has to provide. It serves the reader correct from initiation to improvement to deployment. It additionally comes with whole working examples to illustrate its use and exhibit the best way to combine Solr with different languages and frameworks.
Through utilizing a wide set of metadata approximately artists, releases, and tracks courtesy of the MusicBrainz.org venture, you have a checking out floor for Solr, and should the way to import this information in quite a few methods. you'll then easy methods to seek this information in several methods, together with Solr's wealthy question syntax and "boosting" fit ratings in response to list data.
Finally, we'll conceal a variety of deployment issues to incorporate indexing innovations and performance-oriented configuration that might assist you scale Solr to fulfill the wishes of a high-volume site.
What you are going to study from this book
* layout a schema to incorporate textual content indexing info like tokenization, stemming, and synonyms
* Import info utilizing a number of codecs like CSV, XML, and from databases, and extract textual content from universal record formats
* seek utilizing Solr's wealthy question syntax, practice geospatial searches, and impression relevancy order
* improve seek effects with faceting, question spell-checking, auto-completing queries, highlighted seek effects, and more
* Scale Solr by way of studying the way to track it and the way to take advantage of replication and sharding
The publication is written as a reference advisor. It contains absolutely operating examples in accordance with a real-world public facts set.
Who this publication is written for
This publication is for builders who are looking to how one can use Apache Solr of their purposes. simply easy programming talents are needed.